Please format your manuscript to these specifications before submitting your work. This will help me streamline the editing process. Ignoring the formatting specifications may result in a small fee.
- Word .docx document
- Times New Roman font
- 12 pt. font
- Page number and author surname in page headers (unless it’s a proofread of a book in layout)
- Middle Grade
- Young Adult
- Science Fiction
Note: I may be open to other fiction genres, but please be aware that I would not consider those my strengths. I may not be able to provide the expertise needed for that genre.
I will also work on shorter texts like blog posts, articles, bios, programs, etc. I usually charge by the hour for short projects, and the pricing is subject to complexity and deadline.
- Family History
- Gaming (Video and Tabletop)
*subject to topic of your work
1. Requesting editing. Send me an email with the following information:
- The genre of your project
- What your project is about
- The length of your project
- What type of editing you are looking for
- The timeline needed
- The end goal of the project (be it submitting to agents, indie publishing, printing for family, etc.)
2. My reply. After I’ve reviewed the basics of your project, I will reply with whether or not I can provide you services, give an estimate of what those services would cost, and propose a timeline for the work to be done.
3. If you accept my bid to work with you, we will then move to discussing the contract. Your first deposit will be due upon signing and the second with the delivery of the edit.